Thursday, April 28, 2011
Babies
Mama was at my house helping out with our other 5 little ones when I was at the hospital having Tiffany. I talked to her on the phone and she asked how I was doing. I told her that it had been two hours since I had my baby so I was doing pretty good, even had gotten out of bed and went to the lady's room. She said "WHAT????? They wouldn't let us out of bed for two weeks." She said it hurt just thinking about getting up 2 hours hours after giving birth. Having babies during and right after the war had to be the worst. And then losing a son that you prayed and prayed for just to lose him to hunger a heart disease when he was only six months old had to be heart wrenching. I love my little Mama so much. I don't know what I ever would have done without her in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
2 weeks?!!! Holy moly! Yah, things sure are different now.
Well wouldn't that be sweet. Are you kidding me!?! 2 wks into my "maternity leave" is 2 wks away from going back to work! I was born on the earth at the time I was because of stuff like that...I need meds! Ha. How did the pioneers ever do it, squatting over a hole, pushing out their baby & walking on. Honestly people! Crazy. It for sure takes a special person to go through what Oma went through in her lifetime too. And to do it all with such joy & class also! She amazes me.
Post a Comment