I thought it would really be fun to write down some of the things she used to say that would make us laugh. If you remember a saying or a story, please let me know and I will post it.
1. Oma said that the first sentence she learned in the English language was
"Gif me all your money"
2. When she couldn't hear us she would say "Vat you said?"
3. Her eyesight was getting worse as she got older so when she tried to see something and couldn't, she would say: "I don't look so good."
4. Don't know what this one means,"I'm standing here like a wallet." Maybe it means empty!
5. One day I asked Oma how she could always be so happy and she told me "Everyday I put my teeth in and wear a pretty dress."
Now you! If you can think of anything at all please let me know.
Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
good idea. I can't think of any right now, but I'll come back if I think of one. She was so funny.
"Now let us all go to za 7-Up". And off we went on our mile walk to the 7-11.
Ist dat not nice? Na ja.
I loved when she'd put her hands up to her eyes like binoculars so she could see better. Ha! What a fun and adorable lady.
I remember her telling us about things that we could not take into das ozza vorld (the other world). I loved her accent, wish i could have one :)
Post a Comment