As Oma's family was sitting down to dinner one evening in Germany, they heard the screaming of animals. Oma's father looked out of the window and was shocked to see the barn on fire. He ran outside and came to the aid of his bull who was already pushing the animals out of harms way. Oma's father, my Opa Drews, and his bull were the last ones in the barn with fire surrounding them both. He knew the only way they would survive this fire is through help from above. He bowed his head, uttered a prayer and put his arm over his favorite bull as they watched the flames grow closer. In the midst of fire and panic, he heard a familiar voice "Nun ist es zeit" translated "Now it is time"! A strong breeze that seemed to come out of nowhere made a path through the fire for Opa Drews and his bull to go through. They ran out of the barn without a scratch or burn. Opa Drews turned around just in time to see the barn collapse.
This is how I remember the story as it was related to me by Oma Becker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I don't remember that story. That is so neat how some prayers are answered right away because they have to be and others come in due time.
Thanks Mom! I love this story. I also love the one about the Russians finding her suitcase with the Book of Mormon & Bible in it & asking who it belonged to. Can you do that one? Please?
I love this story and never recited it to others much because I didn't know it well enough, now I know! Thanks for sharing these stories with us...and so eloquently! Oh and since Juli made a request, can I request one too? I would love to read the one about Oma making the soup and looking in the cupboard for all of the dripping bottles to know what the other cook used. You know? Thanks again. Love you!
I love this blog of Oma stories. They are so inspiring. Thanks for keeping Oma's legacy alive by sharing her stories.
Post a Comment