Thursday, January 31, 2008

War seen from a seven year old Ingrid

I'd like to thank my sister Ingrid for writing this story in her own words and sending it to me on January 30, 2008.
Thank you so much,
Ruth

II W W MAMA AND INGRID COMING FROM THE BAKERY
ON OUR WAY HOME TWO SMALL LOAFS OF BREAD
UNDERARM
POEPLE RUSHING NOT SURE WHERE, FROM , BOMBS I ASSUME.
MOTHER AND A LITTLE GIRL APPROSACHING SAD, LITTLE ONE WAS CRYING
SHE WAS HUNGRY, WELL WE ALL WERE ME TOO.
EVEN LITTLE I FELT VERY SAD THE MOM WAS TEARY AND HUNGRY
I JANKED ON MAMAS ARM MAMA WHAT ARE THOSE ON THEIT SLEEVES?
MAM, SH LATER . HANDED OVER SOME OF THE BREAD HALF A LOAF REMEMBER
MAMA PULLING ON THE BREAD
I HAD NO CLUE I WAS LITTLE,. IN ,WAR AND THEY LEFT
ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE SOME WOMAN SREAMING AT MAMA , CALLING HER SOME NAME ABOUT HELPING YEWS .WOMAN SAID I COULD TURN YOU OVER TO
THE SS OR WHAT EVER .MAMA VERY CALM REPLYED IF YOU MUST
THE WOMAN WENT AWAY MAMA CRYED ME TOO, SHE SAID I PRAYED ME TOO.
I LOVE MY MOM WAS PROUD AND SCARED AND CRYED AGAIN I WAS 7.
INGRID



3 comments:

Jenni S said...

Wow, I can't imagine being in that situation especially with little kids. That would be so scary. What a different world to grow up in.

Juli said...

Wow, what a big thing to worry about at such a young age. I hadn't heard that experience before.

Tiff and Rand said...

Here I am bawling...AGAIN! The things Oma went through amazes me, always so calm and sure of what she must do. Even in a scary situation she was helping others. She never doubted that the Lord would help her in return. Thanks for sharing this story. Love you!